All children require this personal equipment and should be encouraged to pack it alongside yourself. All items (including uniform) should be clearly labelled with your child’s name. All Scouts must be able to transport their kit bag from the car park to our camp without assistance.
ABSOLUTELY NO MOBILE PHONES, PERSONAL ELECTRONIC DEVICES OR FOOD ON CAMP.
Any of the above will be confiscated at the start and returned at the end. No exceptions. The Group accept no responsibility whatsoever for the loss of, or damage to, any mobile phone or electronic devices bought to camp (even those that have been confiscated).
This list should only be used as a guide
- Holdall / Rucksack
- Suitcases are not appropriate for tents
- Full uniform (please ensure your child arrives in this)
- Polo shirt (if you have one)
- 2 Warm jumpers / sweat shirts / hoodie / fleece
- The nights and mornings get cold!
- 3 T-Shirts
- 1 to get change into on Saturday plus a spare 1 and 1 clean one for Sunday
- 2 pairs of trousers / shorts
- Joggers are preferable as they are warmer and dry quicker
- Please, if you pack 1 pair of shorts that there is also 1 pair of trousers
- 3 pairs of pants / knickers
- 3 pairs of socks
- 1 thick pair and 2 thin
- Warm pyjamas
- 1 pair of Trainers
- Please ensure that they do not bring their newest, favourite trainers – they will get worn a lot and dirty over the weekend
- 1 pair of walking boots / outdoor boots / wellies
- Knife, fork, spoon, plate, bowl and mug
- Waterproof coat & Waterproof trousers
- Trousers really only if the weather looks like they would be required
- Sun hat
- Sun cream
- Refillable water bottle
- Tea Towel
- All young people will do their own washing up and drying up – no exceptions
- Sleeping mat / Roll Mat
- Please no air beds
- Sleeping bag
- Camp Blanket (optional)
- Pillow (optional)
- Watch (Scouts only)
- Plastic Bag(s) for storing dirty items (Tesco carrier bag size).
- Torch (Head torch preferred)
- And spare batteries!!
- Quiet time activity
- Book, magazine, small card game
- Wash kit
- Hair brush / comb / hair bands as required
- Soft cuddly toy (optional)
- Pen, Pencil & small notepad
- Medication (these must be clearly labelled with child’s name and directions to administer)
- Please hand to the Scouter in charge on arrival for it be securely stored.
- Everything should be clearly named / labelled.
- Please do not bring any items that are new, valuable or precious – it is highly likely they’ll get damaged, dirty or lost!
- All Beavers, Cubs and Scouts are expected to arrive and depart in uniform
- Lights out and overnight:
- Should you son / daughter have any sleep issue i.e bed wetting, sleep walking or night mares please advise your Section Leader. This will be dealt with in confidence and should a matter arise will be dealt with the utter most discretion.
Camp Etiquette & Behaviour
Where a young persons behaviour is deemed inappropriate, unsafe or shows a lack of consideration for others present, we will have no choice but to contact the parent/s to collect your young person early.
Here is some basic information regarding some of the items you may require / should be aware of.
- Sleeping Bags
Synthetic filled bags are easier to clean than natural filling.
Zips can be a source of cold if no baffle is fitted.
Summer sleeping bags are not suitable as nights are always chilly on camp.
Go for a 300gsm minimum rating if possible.
- Bed Rolls
Suggest the new style self inflating mattress.
Trainer shoes for field games.
Boots give a better ankle support and normally have better soles than shoes if you are hiking.
- Warm Wear
A number of layers is warmer than one thick one and the warmth can be regulated more easily – do not forget your hands and head.
Do not pack your torch with batteries fitted (or at the bottom of your kit) as it could easily get accidentally turned on and you will arrive at the camp/holiday with flat batteries.
Earrings, nose rings, and other decorative jewellery are NOT recommended on camps and activities.